Gender issues. I see so many articles on gender roles and issues in today's media that its astounding. In past centuries male and female roles were simply defined and rarely were the boundaries crossed. Why is it in recent times that gender issues have appeared. Though I think the more basic question is what is gender? What is the correct definition of gender?
I know there is a difference between gender and sex. Sex is biologically defined as male and female. Gender is more of the role and mind set that accompanies the sex.
Ive seen so many articles in recent media about transgendered people. Even young children believe they are a boy/girl trapped in the opposites body. This is supposedly a phenomena that occurs because something is genetically altered in the brain. If that is the case, how come there arent any cases from past centuries? What is considered the correct definition in today's world that allows for such discrepancies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment