Have you ever thought about the reality of going to a club? A bunch of groups of strangers gathering in one building, getting shitfaced drunk, dancing and grinding on people they dont know. The women are all skantily clad and wonder why they get groped by the strange men they dance with. The men all get dressed up to stare at the almost naked women and start fights with other drunk men who are looking at the same woman that doesnt even belong to them, but to the man standing in the corner having a beer. And yet we live for the thrill of club nights?
Now, dont get me wrong. I am a fellow club goer myself. I have just recently sat down and thought about this aspect. How do we consider all that fun? I have had some of the most amazingly fun nights of my life at clubs. But, when I think about these nights, they all end up with stories about who got in a fight with who over so and so, or did you see how that guy tried to dance with me. I find it entertaining that our generations idea of fun is mainly focused on drinking and parties. But, Im not complaining.
Actually, last week I had some things happen to me that were story worth:
Most of my friends are guys. I just seem to get along better with men than I do women. I have recently been dubbed "one of the boys" by my "group". Anyway, we all went together downtown to our favorite club. Now, picture this: a short blonde chick, a 6 foot Mexican, a "redneck" with spit bottle in hand, a 6ft 6 black cowboy, and an assortment of other mismatched guys, walk in the club together. That in itself I find hysterical. I had my own personal bodygaurd team. Now before this, we were all in Walmart, dressed up for the night out, in the little girls toy section. I had to buy a birthday present for my best friend's eldest; she turned 5. Needless to say we turned several heads. At the club, I was video taped by my friend Juan, and I didnt know it. I was on the dance floor having a good time dancing with my friends..who just happened to be black and over 6 feet tall. Im 5 ft 2. This video was sent to everyone that I knew. The funny part about this, is that of course the club is dark, and on the video, since both my friends have dark skin, it almost looks like Im dancing by myself because the quality of the camera is shitty. Im not the one who pointed this out either, my 6ft 6 cowboy friend, Sergio, did.
That probably isnt that funny to others who werent there, like so many club stories, you had to be there.
But, I will end this here. Time to get ready to go out with my interesting hodgepodge entourage. But, not before I finish my homework ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can really relate to your blog.I too love to go out and have fun with my friends but is it really worth it when the next morning no one can remember who they even met or what guys completely creeped them out. I think we like to go to clubs and parties because it's sort of like an adventure, you never know what will really go on, and people love to have those stories to tell everyone else on monday mornings :)
ReplyDeletehahaha finally someone else sees the club as i do and like you said i also go to some clubs too. I just think most of the people in there are hilarious. It never fails you always have the guys who are all dressed up and look like they are trying to find a wife.....in a club and then there are of course the sluts that are half naked and mine as well have a sign on their back that says "do me." There are many interesting sights to see when you go to a club and you never know what to expect.
ReplyDeletei get along with mostly guys too. haha, where are all the black boys down here. i miss so many from home. they always say i'm one of the guys too... i guess i should go clubbing more often then.
ReplyDelete