I have been given the assignment to write an argumentative paper on something. Well, it is based off articles in our English book. For a long time I was just thinking like, what am I going to write about, because Im interested in all of the topics. I actually was quite stressed trying to figure everything out.
The deciding factor just kind of hit me. One of my good friends here at college is having trouble with her boyfriend, because of facebook. He can track her every move and is making her time here trying to adjust horrible. Ive noticed this with a ton of people on my hall and its really sad actually. Internet social networking is a good thing in many aspects, but is it making it more difficult for people to adjust, especially in college. All their friends from high school can track and see their new friends and good times, but yet they get jealous and feel like they are being replaced. Significant others not going to the same school are seeing things in photographs or misreading comments. Starting arguements and drama because of an internet site? Is this really necessary? Ill admit, Im guilty of having both a facebook and myspace. But, I can see the damaging effects on college kids trying to keep up with both old friends and new ones, making both strained relationships. Are these sites adding extra stress to an already stress filled life of a college student?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment