I know Im suppose to be blogging about ideas I have for my upcoming paper. It is suppose to be on a comparison of something to deal with Pop Culture. The problem is, I have no idea what or where to start. I want it to be something unique and interesting, but something that is specific to me. Something that will challenge me to perceive things differently. Ive read a few other blogs about this topic and they all seem like such good ideas. I could take so much from them, but, I dont want to copy anyone else. Im stubborn like that. Seems to me Im having a problem being original :( And im all about originality. Should I compare two songs? What about two television ads? Who knows?!?!?! I wish we hadn't gone over the gangster pictures that are in our text book. I could do so much with those two pics. Just the subtle differences that I picked out of those two pictures I could write soooo much on. If I wanted to I could compare Myspace to Facebook, two things that are very much pop culture. We get tons of information on both websites and lots of advertisements. The way communication is done and how you connect to different people is also different. Now that I think about it, I might just do that, not sure though.
Anyway, Spring break is coming up and that means mid=terms. Cant believe school is going by this fast. Hard to comprehend how fast paced life seems to be now. Next thing we know, we are gonna have careers and be married with children, well for the most of us anyway. Its funny how when we were children a year seemed like forever, but the older we get, it seems like the faster it goes. A year is gone in a blink of an eye. Makes me sit and wonder, am I living my life to the fullest, am i focussing too much on what doesnt matter and not paying attention to what does? Just a few things thats been on my mind lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're welcome to discuss the gangster pictures or anything we do in class. That's one of the reasons we talk about these things: to give you paper ideas. Also, make sure you look back over the prompt. You need to pick two different media, so you shouldn't plan on comparing two pictures or two websites, but you could compare a picture to a website, or something like that.
ReplyDelete