Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Online Math Class????

I have always had a little bit of trouble with math. It is not exactly my strongest subject not that I am completely horrible at it though. This is my first college math class and I do not understand why it is formatted the way it is. Well I sort of can, for administrators convenience. Although convenience is not really all that conducive to students learning.

I sat in my math class every time for the topics covered for the first exam. I got a C on the exam. Did all of the online homework and even reviewed. Still a C. The next exam, I did not go to any classes. My grade, a B. I thought myself better using the online materials than I did trying to listen to the lectures. Although the online information helped me better, it still does not compete with having to do hand written assignments from a textbook. Not all situations are covered in the handful of questions that must be completed. I do not understand why a student's success should be jeopardized for the convenience of the faculty. it is completely ridiculous!

I am now trying to figure out math homework as I am typing. I took a quick break to type this of course. I am experiencing a lot of aggravation at the program because it does not want to work properly with the computer I am using. I am not able to use my own because it crashed a week ago. Just another problem I can add to my list that has occurred this semester. I swear it is like the forces of nature are against my completing college without mass aggravations. The first semester of college my ex boyfriend died in a horrid car accident the week before finals. The second semester my mother moved down right before finals and my step father started to harass me thinking I was to blame. And, this semester I have had to deal with the FBI my dads gambling, his car accident, and his tumor that came back, plus my computer dying! How much can one person deal with!

No comments:

Post a Comment