Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sunburn Season----OUCH!

First sunburn of the season and its a doosey. Its not from the beach either----its from horses! I even had sunblock on and I still got fried. Both my father and I are like that. No matter how much sunblock we put on, how often and how high the SPF is, we still get fried. I remember being told that every major sunburn you get increases your chance skin cancer by 10%. Not good for us!!! My hobbies keep me in the sun-fishing, horse back riding, beach... the list goes on and on. I guess Im just screwed.

Back to the horses. I had to get up really early this morning because one of them is sick and had to meet the vet. My appaloosa has been acting up lately so I decided since I was out there and had the time, why not work with him a little bit. I brought Waco out, brushed him down, and saddled up--no problem there. As soon as I put my foot in the sturrup, he decided to take off. Ok, he wants to be an asshole, so I let him take the lead. He tried to get me off his back so bad...didnt work. ran me through a bush, jumped a ditch, ran into a tree, tried to turn real sharp and come to a quick stop..haha didnt work. The harder he tried the more pissed he got. I continued to let him have his way until he decided to give up. --see the thing with horses is that if you let them get away with something once, they will try it every time-- He thought he was done, but he thought wrong. I ran his ass into the ground. By the time I was done making him run circles and listening to what I said, he was happy to walk nicely around the yard. Thatll teach Waco to have an attitude. Theres no lesson like a long hard workout that leaves him tired.

After I was done with Waco, I hosed him down then did the two quarter horses and my yearling paint. She was a handful because shes still young. But after I cross-tied her she decided to calm down.

Drinking Tip:
Ameretto Sour-AMAZING
or mix it with pepsi-tastes like vanilla pepsi
BUT-dont drink on the rocks, tastes like cough medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment